We were very happy and proud customers of Ford till last month.
The actual values and customer friendliness of Ford(atleast the customer care) has comeout only when our car started giving trouble.
We purchased our Ford classic 2012 model on October 30th 2012 from Elite Ford Bangalore. At the time of purchase as per the marketing person's(name Pooja) suggestion we have opted for an extended warranty of 3 years by paying 7999/- which is an extension of the default manufacturing warranty of one year.
Now around a month back our vehicle suddenly stopped accelerating and the LCD display for km on the instrument cluster has gone blank.
First time vehicle has been serviced at Elite Ford and concluded the problem is with PCM, they have done the PCM programming(charged around 1500 bucks) and delivered the vehicle, but the car is stopped on our way back to home itself. This time its serviced at Metro Ford and again PCM programming(charging the same amount again) is done.
After 20 days again the vehicle is stopped with the same problem and now the conclusion is to change the ABS module.
ABS module costs around 58k and we thought of utilizing our extended warranty and showed the copy to dealer for module replacement.
As there was a wrong VIN entry by Elite ford at the time of purchase, metro ford could not figure out the extended warranty copy in their database and they helped us in contacting India Ford for their assistance. But instead of helping us they were trying to escape from the warranty coverage
We spoke with one of the Ford team member called Senthil over phone, his multiple answers to escape are
1. First he tried to blame the Elite Ford Management for the wrong entry.
2. Next he said there was no such extended warranty option at that time(attached copy clearly shows an extended warranty coverage of 3 years).
3. Next time he said 3 years of extended warranty is already expired as 2012 is the first year, 2013 - 2nd year, 2014 - 3rd year, 2015 - 4th year(seriously I want to teach him mathematics atleast the subtraction part of it). If a vehicle is purchased on Oct 30th 2012 how the warranty gets over by 3 1/2 years.
4. Lastly, though the extended warranty document says 36 months for the payment of 7999/-, he is arguing that it is 2 years of default manufacturing warranty + one year of extended warranty, I don't know(I believe even he doesn't know) why the *** extended warranty purchase document speaks about the manufacturing warranty duration
We don't know how to reach the top management in this regard, could someone hare please help me out on how to proceed.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- There is no integrity in the policy
- And the documentation is poor
You May Also Like
- "The "repair" they made did not hold up.This is the 2nd time it has almost killed us. Waiting on a reply from legal counsel at Ford. It is definitely totaled..."
- "Dear Mr Bequary ,We spoke on 10/25/2014 concerning the second time this vehicle was not repaired properly. We spoke of the bad paint- job, and it's anomalies, the attempt..."
- "So, first off, I have used Maaco before, with GREAT results at that. This time however, for the second 1997 Wrangler I have had painted by them, this was a..."
- "Beware of Amazon ! They cleverly mention 100% purchase protection and easy returns on all products and you will forget to read the fine print...then you will have to struggle..."
- "The Foreign Exchange Industry, also known as Forex, FX, or Currency trading market is an international decentralized system of financial market where online forex trading and other related products is..."
- "I have order food in Ammi's Biryani through Food Panda today with Order No- v6sv-vxd6. The food was delivered after 2 hours whereas the Expected Delivery time was 60 Minutes...."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."
- "I have shown these pictures to Oak Grove rental office I have also had the office send these pictures to Morgan Properties also so that this problem can be handled...."