We were very happy and proud customers of Ford till last month.
The actual values and customer friendliness of Ford(atleast the customer care) has comeout only when our car started giving trouble.
We purchased our Ford classic 2012 model on October 30th 2012 from Elite Ford Bangalore. At the time of purchase as per the marketing person's(name Pooja) suggestion we have opted for an extended warranty of 3 years by paying 7999/- which is an extension of the default manufacturing warranty of one year.
Now around a month back our vehicle suddenly stopped accelerating and the LCD display for km on the instrument cluster has gone blank.
First time vehicle has been serviced at Elite Ford and concluded the problem is with PCM, they have done the PCM programming(charged around 1500 bucks) and delivered the vehicle, but the car is stopped on our way back to home itself. This time its serviced at Metro Ford and again PCM programming(charging the same amount again) is done.
After 20 days again the vehicle is stopped with the same problem and now the conclusion is to change the ABS module.
ABS module costs around 58k and we thought of utilizing our extended warranty and showed the copy to dealer for module replacement.
As there was a wrong VIN entry by Elite ford at the time of purchase, metro ford could not figure out the extended warranty copy in their database and they helped us in contacting India Ford for their assistance. But instead of helping us they were trying to escape from the warranty coverage
We spoke with one of the Ford team member called Senthil over phone, his multiple answers to escape are
1. First he tried to blame the Elite Ford Management for the wrong entry.
2. Next he said there was no such extended warranty option at that time(attached copy clearly shows an extended warranty coverage of 3 years).
3. Next time he said 3 years of extended warranty is already expired as 2012 is the first year, 2013 - 2nd year, 2014 - 3rd year, 2015 - 4th year(seriously I want to teach him mathematics atleast the subtraction part of it). If a vehicle is purchased on Oct 30th 2012 how the warranty gets over by 3 1/2 years.
4. Lastly, though the extended warranty document says 36 months for the payment of 7999/-, he is arguing that it is 2 years of default manufacturing warranty + one year of extended warranty, I don't know(I believe even he doesn't know) why the *** extended warranty purchase document speaks about the manufacturing warranty duration
We don't know how to reach the top management in this regard, could someone hare please help me out on how to proceed.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- There is no integrity in the policy
- And the documentation is poor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I took a flat tire for repair to the Big O Tire franchise in Sedona, Arizona on Oct. 15, 2014. I was instructed to park my F-250 Ford truck at..."
- "Took my newly purchased 09 Mercedes Benz Gl 550 for some issues they were to address and my car was BEAT up! Dropped it off and when I picked it..."
- "I am posting this review for my Son who has had a Very Negative experience with Ziebart Poe Ave. (Vandalia, Ohio) & Ziebart Troy, Ohio. Avoid Ziebart &..."
- "My local company purchased by Amerigas, my tank, my delivery invoices, and my bill stated to make checks out to Silsbee Propane the price per gallon goes up every delivery,..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "I bought Jwell Bathroom Shelf - Stainless Steel (SS02 300) from Pepperfry. The so-called stainless steel product started to rust within the first two weeks of installation and is getting..."
- "I have purched a recliner in the month of october 2015 and its hardly used and the chusion of the back rest is worn out ,its the first bad..."
- "OMG..,!!! Richie Bello and Vincent Naso owns Dealers Solutions, Brandon Harrison and HuntingtonHondaCars.com .., With more number of companies..,they scammed lot of businesses. Initially Brandon K Harrison and..."